- MRI, CT scan, ECG, etc. are the tests you may need when you visit your cardiologist
- Finding your pulse helps your doctor judge the strength of your blood flow and blood pressure in your body.
- Tests may be for blood pressure, checking your pulse, X-rays, stress tests, etc.
- Tests can tell how fast your heart beats and whether it is regular
- Tests assess heart valve function, heart valve disease, and blood clots inside the heart
The Types of Tests
Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) helps to examine the structure of your heart, look for scar tissue within the heart muscle, and assess the function of heart valves.
Electrocardiogram (ECG) helps monitor heart rhythm changes, determine whether a heart attack has occurred, and help predict whether a heart attack is occurring.
The echocardiogram helps determine the cause of the heart rhythm, checks the function of the heart valves, and assesses the heart’s overall function.
Transesophageal echocardiography (TEE) helps to check heart valve function, heart valve disease, and blood clots inside the heart.
Cardiac stress test diagnoses the cause of chest pain, shortness of breath and weakness, assesses heart health and protects against exercise.
About cholesterol levels and heart health
- Total cholesterol is the amount of cholesterol in your blood. High levels can increase your risk of heart disease.
- Ideally, your total cholesterol should be less than 200 milligrams per deciliter (mg/dL) or 5.2 millimoles per litre (mmol/L).
- Bad or LDL cholesterol levels should be less than 130 mg/dL (3.4 mmol/ L) or less than 100 mg/dL (2.6 mmol/ L) if you have diabetes, heart stents, bypass surgery.
- Men should have good or HDL cholesterol levels greater than 40 mg/dL (1.0 mmol/L).
- Women should aim for an HDL of no more than 50 mg/dL (1.3 mmol/ L).
- Your triglyceride level should be less than 150 mg/dL (1.7 mmol/ L).
Benefits of visiting a reputable lab for tests
- Depending on which lab you go to, you may be able to get heart health screening tests at a low cost.
- Depending on your lab, your age, and health history, you may be able to have blood pressure, blood cholesterol, and blood sugar tested.
- If your cardiologist orders additional tests to evaluate your heart health, you may go to a lab for those tests.
Get the best heart test package at the best price from a leading lab. Book heart check-up at Bajaj Finserv Health Ltd.