Some of the most tragic crashes on roadways involve trucks. Accident victims in business vehicles frequently have to deal with severe and possibly permanent repercussions. Call a Houston truck accident Lawyer if you have been hurt in a collision with a big vehicle.
Below we will be answering all the common queries truck accident victims have so you can clearly understand how to proceed.
What is the value of my vehicle crash case?
You may be eligible for financial compensation in a truck accident lawsuit for losses and expenditures you suffered as a result of the collision, including:
- Hospital costs
- Income lost from delayed work, Earnings lost in the future if you are forever unable to work
- Agony and distressing feelings
- reduction in quality of living and pleasure
- Vehicle purchase or maintenance costs
What must I do following a vehicle accident?
Following a truck mishap, you should do the following to protect your legal choices and chances for financial recovery:
- Visit a physician for a medical examination to identify and address any injuries you may have sustained.
- Picture the aftermath of the collision.
- Get all the information you need from the truck driver and other drivers in the collision.
- To begin looking into your claim and seeking monetary compensation from those accountable for the mishap, speak with a truck accident attorney.
How is truck collision culpability established?
Information that is frequently used to establish liability in vehicle accidents includes:
- The vehicle driver’s records, which detail their shift history
- The vehicle’s electronic data recorder records data about the speed, GPS location, driver inputs, and other activities captured by a “black box”-style device.
- The load manifest lists the items put onto a vehicle and the transfer method to the truck or trailer.
- Inspection and upkeep records could indicate whether technical problems were rectified or the truck’s suggested maintenance was not carried out.
How long does it take to resolve a vehicle collision involving a semi?
The strength of the evidence demonstrating who was at fault for the collision, the seriousness of the injuries sustained by accident victims, and the number of financial resources available to provide compensation are just a few of the variables that affect how long a truck accident claim will take to resolve.
Vehicle accident cases are resolved in a matter of months when a fault is not disputed, and the accident victim’s losses are proven. If a judicial case and judgment are required, a claim may take two to three years or longer.