Mumbai is the heartland of Hindi and Marathi cinema. The city is the nourishing ground for various art forms like film design, writing, acting, photography, etc. More than few higher education institutes in this city offer dedicated programs in these subjects.
Photography is one of the most passionate art forms that offers multiple opportunities across various industries. The job opportunities are immense and varying. As a professional photographer, you can be self-employed or be part of a commercial or a research program. Photography is also one of the most popular hobby courses that bring out the creativity within you through the camera shutter.
As a photographer, you get to record events and tell stories through images. Some of the most popular jobs for photographers include:
- of landscapes and structures with an aerial view.
- advertisements, catalogues and books.
- y: Going in the wild natural settings to capture images of wildlife and foliage.
Here are some tips for students planning to join an institute for a program in photography.
- Learn about the type of training provided by the institute. Best training is provided by best faculty members. You can check the online details provided by the institute to review the qualifications, experience and subject knowledge of the faculty members.
- One of the most important factors that determines the quality of education at an institute is the type of infrastructure it has. Good infrastructure means enough tools to help you learn photography or photo editing.
- The fees charged by an institute determines the effect that the course will have on your budget. You can choose from most expensive to affordable courses in Mumbai. You will have to search for the institute carefully to determine the best courses that suit your budget.
- Another extremely important factor while choosing a program is the timing of each session. Find a program that suits your other activities and does not create unwanted hassles in your routine.
- National Institute of Photography: The institute offers various professional and hobby courses in photography.
Location: Senapati Bapat Road, Dadar West, Mumbai
Official website: http://www.focusnip.com/
- Ramesh Sippy Academy of Cinema and Entertainment: RSACE offers a dual certificate program in photography. One certificate is awarded by RSACE and the University of Mumbai’s Garware Institute of Career Education and Development. While the second certificate is awarded by Media & Entertainment Skills Council and National Skill Development Corporation.
Location: University of Mumbai, Vidyanagari, Santacruz (E), Mumbai
Official website: http://rsace.edu.in
- St. Pauls Institute of Communication Education: SPICE offers a Certificate program in Digital Photography.
Location: Rd Number 24, TPS III, Bandra West, Mumbai
Official website: stpaulsice.com
- Udaan School of Photography: The institute offers a wide range of professional full-time as well as short-term courses in photography.
Location: Takandas Kataria Marg, Joshi Vadi, Matunga West, Mumbai
Official website: www.udaan.org.in