The travel and tourism industry is expected to grow by leaps and bounds in the coming years. As the industry has shown a great success, a job in this industry can be highly exciting and adventurous for the aspirants. The travel industry hopes to create many job opportunities for the enthusiasts, who want to make a career in this field. PG in travel and tourism can bring a lot of opportunities to secure your future in this industry.
Career options in the travel and tourism industry
Successful students can look forward to excellent career opportunities in the travel and tourism industry. Some of the career options available to the students include ground staff, in-flight staff, food and beverages, housekeeping, operations, sales, security, accounting, tour planners, tour guides, information assistants, interpreters, travel counsellors, itinerary planning, foreign exchange, adventure tour operator, travel media specialist and many more.
The courses in travel and tourism
There are many colleges, universities and private institutes that offer a bachelor’s degree, master’s degree, diplomas, certificates, or distance learning courses in different sectors of the travel industry to the aspirants. A student can join in an undergraduate course right after completing their class 12. The ministry of tourism also provides a two-year full-time programme to the aspirants. PG courses can be helpful in getting decently paying job. Short-term programmes are beneficial for those who are already in this industry and want to upscale themselves for a better position and higher salary.
Required skills set
- Keeping in mind the boom in the industry, employers are in need of highly skilled personnel. Those candidates who are technically sound and know every aspect of the industry are always preferred by the recruiters.
- Skills such as knowing different languages, selling skills, the experience of handling foreign currency, customer service, travel management, knowing about the pros and cons of different states and countries can be of great help to an aspirant.
- It is important to learn about the global culture and the different aspects of the travel business. Knowing how to satisfy customer while managing a large volume of business can bring lots of business.
- A strong knowledge of history, geography, and architecture of India can help you excel in your job.
- One is expected to work for long and odd hours, especially during the start of his or her career.
- Not many skilled personnel are available in this industry; the chances of getting promotion are quite higher. However, enhancing your skills by getting PG diploma will certainly help in your career growth.
Though there are many institutes which provide the best education for PG in tourism, however, The School of Excellence is one of the best as they train a student in the best possible manner, so that they can excel in their field. This institute was started with the sole objective of providing quality education to students. They continuously offer high-quality curriculum through their experience in the field of travel and tourism. It has highly experienced faculties and a placement cell that works to help the students grab highly paying jobs in different parts of India and abroad.